Criminal Cases

Criminal Law Information

Criminal Law

Criminal law involves prosecution by the government of a person for an act that has been classified as a crime.  In a criminal case the state, through a prosecutor, initiates the suit. Persons convicted of a crime may be incarcerated, fined, or both. A "crime" is any act or omission (of an act) in violation of a public law forbidding or commanding it. Though there are some common law crimes, most crimes in the United States are established by local, state, and federal governments. Crimes include both felonies (more serious offenses -- like murder or rape) and misdemeanors (less serious offenses -- like petty theft or disorderly intoxication.

Felonies are usually crimes punishable by imprisonment of a year or more, while misdemeanors are crimes punishable by less than a year. However, no act is a crime if it has not been previously established as such either by statute or common law. All statutes describing criminal behavior can be broken down into their various elements. Most crimes (with the exception of strict-liability crimes) consist of two elements: an act, or "actus reus," and a mental state, or "mens rea." Prosecutors have to prove each and every element of the crime to yield a conviction. Furthermore, the prosecutor must persuade the jury or judge "beyond a reasonable doubt" of every fact necessary to constitute the crime charged.

Cases We Handle

White Collar Crimes
Accounting Fraud
Bank Fraud
Bribery
Computer Crimes
Credit Card Fraud
Embezzlement
Extortion
Forgery
Fraud
Internet Fraud
Internet Theft
Investment Fraud
Mortgage Fraud
Organized Fraud
Prescription Fraud
Public Corruption
RICO Charges
Securities Fraud
Telemarketing Fraud
Theft
Wire Fraud
Witness Tampering

Other Crimes
Conspiracy
Obstruction of Justice
Perjury

Violent Crimes
Armed Criminal Action
Armed Robbery
Arson
Assault & Battery
Carjacking
Domestic Violence
Robbery
Vehicular Manslaughter

 

Bond Information

If you are arrested, call The Law Offices of Frank L. Hollander, immediately at   (800) 966-4041 or (305) 373-9999 so we can begin the process of securing your immediate release from jail. Frank L. Hollander can contact a reliable and dependable Bail Bondsman on your behalf who will assist us in getting you out of jail quickly.

What is a Bond? 

A bond is a monetary surety set by the court to assure your appearance at the next court date.

How much am I required to pay for a Bond? 

A Bail Bondsman typically requires a cash payment of 10% of the bond amount and the remaining 90% to be posted in a form of collateral such as property.

What if I am Charged with a crime that is non-bondable?

Examples of non-bondable offenses include:

  • Armed Kidnapping 
  • Armed Robbery 
  • 1st or 2nd Degree Murder 
  • Burglary with Battery 
  • Armed Sexual Battery 
  • Capital Sexual Battery

Certain crimes are non-bondable, which means that you will not be permitted to post a bond. If you are charged with a crime that is non-bondable, you must request a hearing in order for the court to consider issuing a bond for your release. You need an attorney to advocate on your behalf so that a bond is set and you can be released from jail.

For a free consultation, and legal assistance, call (305) 373-9999 for an appointment orcall toll free 1 (800) 966-4041 for a free out-of-town telephone consultation.

Print Version Print Version       Send to a friend Send to a friend      

The Law Offices of Frank L. Hollander

One Biscayne Tower | 2 South Biscayne Blvd. | Suite 3760 | Miami, FL 33131

Free ConsultationPhone: 305-373-9999 | Toll-Free: 800-966-4041 | Fax: 305-373-7777 | Email: frank@hollander.lawyer

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision. Before you decide to hire a lawyer, ask the lawyer
for written information about that lawyer's qualifications and experience.

We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover.